Sunday 6 June 2010

Coming closer to an end

I'm skint right now so I'm glad the downloading for this will be in the week commencing 27 June, because I get paid on 30 June, so I'll be able to download all the tracks chosen, as well as Cinnamon Antics and the Soviets if they don't get in themselves.

I've gone through all the music again and found that the only ones left that I'd download even if Storm the Charts wasn't happening are those two... so at present, that looks like I'll be downloading my third to forty fourth tracks on payday. Maybe I should find a way to get an I-player to play them on. That'd be nice.

Sad to say, it's getting hard to concentrate on the wonderful music I've heard as a result of this campaign. I've stupidly spent my life working in an office when I should have been singing and writing. I'm 50 now and, despite the physical resemblance, I'm not Seasick Steve so it's probably too late. My biggest regret is there was no internet when I was 15 and just starting out as poet/singer/songwriter and later writer of stories and novelist. Somebody should have told me back in Lincolnshire that I really couldn't be a contender because I didn't know people who knew people.

That's why I love this campaign so much. Because now there's a chance to give a hand to some young people who deserve to do very well indeed but don't necessarily have the contacts or the management necessary to get seen (and so taken up by the pop world.

Good luck to all of you even the ones I don't particularly like.

No comments:

Post a Comment