Sunday 11 April 2010

Telekom

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.

NATIONAL SNACK - "Rock n Roll". Does what it says on the tin. ***** Plus. New number 9

IVYRISE - "1000 feet". It's hard to keep coming up with constructive comments for technically good tunes that just don't move me emotionally. ****


LUDWIG AMADEUS - "God Only Knows My Shoesize". The video is awesome, although I doubt it'd get on MTV for fear of legal action. The song is excellent. ***** plus. New number 11.

SHADE AMAN - "A Million Miles". Her voice and musical style remind me of Jill Scott. ***** plus

CHRIS WHITING - "Frank and Honest". This is well done but sounds very nineteen seventies. ***

COLOURS OF ONE - "RLD". Sounds like Toto. Light AoR, perhaps one day it'll be a theme tune. ****

BEN WILLIAMS - "Let It Rain". Foottapping headnodding acoustic deliciousness. *****

LAURA JORDEN - "Give It". Sounds like Motown brought into the twenty first century. What's not to like. ***** plus. This really should have been a top twenty record, but I 've reached the point where there's nothing in my top twenty I can bear to say goodbye to.

No comments:

Post a Comment